19 June 2010

Changed.

I thought I knew exactly what I wanted in the beginning of May - a boy who would be hopelessly devoted to me, a beautiful romance, having a bright future set with an engagement and children years after. Easy, right? For such a hopeless romantic, I thought it was. However, events since then have changed my mind. I'm done thinking about forever. Caring for someone who cares for me just as much is enough. I don't need a "final destination" just yet. I'm having fun with someone and getting to know someone. Why does it have to be more complicated than that? Why do we use labels when trust and communication is enough? I'm tired of looking for the "bad" signs. I'm tired of looking for excuses to leave my heart closed. I'm not in love, but I'm ready to feel again. &This - this makes me feel. It makes me feel worthy again. It helps me see that I have my whole life ahead of me. If you knew me in April, you know I've come a long way. April was a rough month for me that tore me down and left me as scraps. My trip in Greece and taking chances like this have helped me pick up the pieces again. It feels good to be able to trust people again - my friends, my cousin, my brother.

There doesn't have to be a big picture just yet. There doesn't have to be a promise of forever, because I could care less about forever right now. All I care about is building myself back up and being the best friend and person I can be. All I care about is blowing away the haze that blurred up my life in the months prior to my trip.

I think I've changed. For the better.

Now, let's see how my internship goes! That will bring in a new adventure in &of itself.

1 comment:

Rocio said...

I'm glad. Have fun at your internship.