19 June 2010

Quote of the Day.

I'm on my own. &Just like every Sunday, I called mama up last night. &Even when it's not, I tell her everything's alright. Before we hung up, I said, 'Hey mama, don't forget to tell my [brothers] I'll see them in the fall. &Tell [lola] that I miss her. Yeah, I should give her a call. &Make sure you tell Daddy that I'm still his little girl. Yeah, I still feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be. Don't forget to remember me.'

Tonight I find myself kneeling by the bed to pray. I haven't done this in a while, so I don't know what to say, but 'Lord I feel so small sometimes in this big old place. Yeah, I know there are more important things, but don't forget to remember me.'

-"Don't Forget to Remember Me" by Carrie Underwood

I miss familiar faces, familiar places.

No comments: