23 November 2008

No One on the Line.

I stare at the phone, he still hasn't called &then you feel so low you can feel nothing at all. And you flashback to when he said he would try &it rains in your bedroom, everything is wrong. It rains when you're here and it rains when you're gone.

I keep waiting for something to give, but that something is always me. Baby, it's a fine line, but you're taking your sweet time.

I try sooo hard &treat him so well. But why do I do it when I don't get anything in return? I just don't like playing games, so I'll tell you how it is. I despise this feeling of getting dragged along.

When I'm in the right state of mind, I see that this is all so pathetic. Come on, working this hard and not even getting the least bit in return? Let's be real, Christia, it's unsatisfactory &utterly pitiful. But when I'm in the state of mind that I usually am in [&I don't want to necessarily call it the wrong state of mind, but..] I still feel this is going to pay off. I am not going to stop/end this. I don't like to control that... because I stay till the end. If this is going to be put to a stop, you do it because I don't let go. Spell it out for me, keep on treating me this way. But do not be inconsistent. Because that... that's leading me on &giving me false hopes.

You're not sure that you can love me, but you're not sure enough to let me go. Baby it ain't fair, you know? To just keep me hangin' 'round.

You say you don't wanna hurt me, don't wanna to see my tears. So why are you still standing here, just watching me drown? You not making up your mind is killing me and wasting time. I need so much more than that.

And it's alright, yeah I'll be fine. Don't worry 'bout this heart of mine, just take your love and hit the road. There's nothing you can do or say, you're gonna break my heart anyway. So just leave the pieces when you go
. -The Wreckers - Leave the Pieces.

Sometimes, song lyrics just do it much better.

<3

No comments: