08 July 2009

Who I Am.

Isn't it time you got over how fragile you are? We're all waiting- waiting on your supernova 'cause that's who you are &you've only begun to shine.

I've been so preoccupied in finding an explanation for my past that I forgot who I have grown to be in the present. I allowed myself to become that young girl instead of the young woman that I am. I'm not that girl in high school that was scared to hang around the popular kids. I'm not that girl in high school that stuck on to their boyfriend to define her. I'm not that girl in high school that just listened to her parents in order to plan a future for herself. I'm not that girl in high school that relied only on a few people to make her happy. I'm not "Riddhi's best friend" or "Jaycee's girlfriend," or even "Jaycee's ex-girlfriend." I'm Christia, that chick that goes to MSMC, making a name for herself @UCLA, &hopefully in UCSF or Johns Hopkins someday soon. I'm the girl that gets clicks when she walks, drives, stands, smiles. I'm the woman that I want to be - the woman who knows her responsibilities &priorities. I'm the lady that has hella game &won't settle because she knows there's so much more out there - that we're young &restraining oneself to one thing/person/path of life is incredibly hindering. I'm someone to love people for who they are &will keep loving them no matter what.

I don't want to be judged by what someone can see off the bat. I hide things to be considerate. I have morals, values, pride. I'm sweet, so I don't like stepping on people's toes. If you want to talk about yourself to make you feel good about yourself, go for it. Just because I don't want to be blabbing about myself in order to brag does not mean I have nothing to say. I'm not an easy girl. If I were, I'd still have everything I want, but more, &no pride or integrity to my name.

I guess I had to come full circle to reaize who I really am - to be happy for who I am. I found the true Christia, but I was never really able to appreciate it until I revisited the past &come back to the present all over again.

This is who I am. The core of me is the same, the apprearance &reality of me is a free spirit. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥