18 December 2008

Christmases When You Were Mine.

Photobucket

I've been doing fine without you, really... up until the nights got cold. Everybody's here except you, baby. It seems like everyone's got someone to hold, but for me it's just a lonely time cause there were Christmases when you were mine. <3TS

Holidays aren't really anything I look forward to. However, I do look forward to giving presents to those I love. I looooove giving presents, mainly because I think I'm good at it &I love seeing their faces of utter happiness. This holiday season, I think I'll keep my expectations to a minimum, meaning no expectations. &This means expectations for anything good or bad. I always expect something bad will happen, but I'll try not to this year. It's different this year. I'm learning &growing more. I'm rising above.

There are people in the world who are starving, searching for their family, in desperate need of hospitality, or in need of saving in all aspects possible. However, we must be grateful that we have someone to spend this holiday with. If it's your dog or cat, mom or dad, brother or sister, or a good book to warm up by the fire with... or all of the above. Some people don't have that &we shouldn't take it for granted. I don't take any of the lessons I've learned this year for granted. Yes, I've been burned and heartbroken, but I'm finally moving on from all of it. I'm not gonna dwell in the past... "This, too, shall pass." I will not punish myself for the past.

Christmases when you were mine... I'll make new memories... Better memories.

No comments: