16 January 2010

Who Says.

So I'm sitting here in an empty apartment on a Saturday night, listening to "Beautiful Disaster" by Jon McLaughlin. The live version - it's 100x more intense, I think. I've stumbled on a pot of gold. Well actually, a key to someone's mind. Someone who was a past acquaintance. I feel a sort of commiseration for what I was a part of for just a second.

Confusion, sympathy, yearning, sickness are what's floating around in my mind. A planet where technology is the means of communicating and understanding someone sounds pathetic, but I guess that's what this is. That's what this blog is about, too, isn't it?

I don't know - I still can't wrap my mind around the idea of spending so much time with a person to not even knowing a thing about them anymore. Their motives, their under-workings of their mind. It boggles me. Only one quote can fully encapsulate this : "Everything happens for a reason; people change so that you learn to let go, you believe lies so that you eventually trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can fall together." I cannot find this more true than I do at this moment.

Think about it. Don't be a stranger - any on you.

No comments: