11 May 2009

My Hometown.


Photography by cheryljns.



Eagle Rock, CA. Small town, small population, big heart. You know the saying, "You never know what you have until it's gone?" Well, I never realized how great of a place my parents raised me in. I have never been this grateful. &Yet, I am.

I went out for a run today in Eagle Rock &Pasadena - a run I started doing 2 years ago. It still stuns me how I wasn't able to see all this until today. All I saw were smiling neighbors, friendly faces &heard sweet "Good Mornings." I don't know a town where people still do that. Eagle Rock, Pasadena &Glendale will always have my heart - who am I trying to fool? San Fransisco, yes. But my hometown cannot be beat. It's a perfect mix of a small town in a large city. &Those who know me best know I'm a city gal. I'm glad to be staying here for my break. Perhaps this year, I will finally be able to find that trail leading to the Rock. Trespassing will be so worth it. Trails - along with food - have my heart. Eagle Rock will carefully possess it.

I'm proud to say that this - this right here - is my hometown. (Corny, I know.) ♥

No comments: